Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How Much Do You Love GM?


At Rightnowautoparts.com we are an authorized ACDelco parts wholesale warehouse distributor. What that means is that we buy GM parts directly from the GM parts warehouses and stock them in our regional auto parts warehouses. The line between which GM parts are designated ACDelco parts and which GM parts that can only be sold directly to the GM dealerships changes monthly, but the percentages stay around 30% ACDelco parts to 70% GM parts.

The reason we have the contract with GM ACDelco is to make sure the faster moving ACDelco parts are closer to the GM dealerships and mechanics shops that are working on a customers car "today". If your car is up on a rack and needs tune up parts, it is quicker to get them on our ACDelco parts delivery trucks locally than it is to order them from the GM parts warehouse. Since ACDelco parts are the fastest moving/selling items, it just makes sense to try to stock them in a parts warehouse in the same local region.

Since a high percentage of our sales do involve ACDelco parts, we love GM. Our paychecks are highly reflective of how many of their GM parts we can move each day. Heck, I probably own 15 different ACDelco Parts baseball caps, and wear them at least weekly if not daily. But as much as I love GM, I do not believe I would have a Chevy Bow Tie logo tattooed to the back of my bald head. I guess that is just me. I am not a fan of tattoos in general, and really don't think I would ever allow myself to be permanently "branded" like that. GM parts are great... GM tattoos, not so much.

Rightnowautoparts.com

P.S. Do you like that double meaning on "branded" I used there... pretty slick, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment