Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pikes Peak Ride Along

I have mentioned RNAP executive Randy Kulamer here before and his penchant for racing. I have even posted footage of a race he was in at Road Atlanta last year. While I have always worried about what would happen if he wrecked, I guess I never really realized how tame running around a track was. Throw in thousand foot drop offs and finally there is something that only a truly insane person would do.

I went on vacation in Colorado a few years ago and took a dirt switchback road up through the Rocky Mountain National Park and can tell you I was almost paralyzed with fear on a few of the turns where I couldn't see the side of the road but could see the valley waaaaaaay down below. It looked as though it would take an hour and a half to hit the ground should I run off the very loose gravel escarpment. Let's just say I was going slower than these guys.



Rightnowautoparts
.

No comments:

Post a Comment