Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Car Posters From Our Youth


Whenever I highlight posts from other sites like this one from Jalopnik.com I typically need to decide which image to choose for my lead in. A lot of times it may be the actual photo from the article. Sometimes I will use Google to try to grab another one that better describes my angle on the link, and other times (like this one) the story comes with a gallery to choose from.

I just had to laugh at today's selection because I immediately knew the car and the models, and I seriously doubt my children have heard of either of them. Although Hall and Oates have produced a CD within the most recent decade, it was really just to placate those older fans like myself that were looking to add some current flavor to our collection but still love the old throwbacks (can I hear a Steely Dan out there?).

Anyway, the Fiero was one of the most quirky vehicles ever produced by the now defunct GM subsidiary Pontiac. Plastic body panels, 12 foot long radiator hoses and "My insurance is gonna cost WHAT?" are some of the things I remember. There is probably an active Fiero fan club out there even now. What finally killed them was the Pintoesque attribute of bursting into flames (not a good selling point).

Rightnowautoparts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment