Monday, June 21, 2010

The Downside of Buying Auto Parts Wholesale

What could be bad about buying auto parts for less? Why would we say anything negative about our process? I am so confused!?

I have found that being fairly blunt in my honesty tends to make my life a little more sane and simple. I live by the credo, "Under promise and Over deliver...". Rightnowautoparts is a wholesaler, pure and simple. We do not have retail locations. We do not sell parts "over the counter" to the public at any of our warehouses. Many of our parts are sold in multi pack quantities that don't really make sense,for example... Whenever I need tail light bulbs I don't buy them from my inventory! Our 1157 light bulbs are sold in packs of 10 and I typically only need one or two. Even with my savings it still makes better sense to just buy two at the local retail parts store. The same thing holds true for some gaskets, o-rings, hardware and even a few special bulk pack oil filters. These items are made for the main market we cater to; Dealerships, Jobber stores and garages. We also aren't always going to be the best option on low dollar items because our minimum freight cost of $9 added to a $5 part makes it $14 and not such a great deal anymore.

But ...

Many are finding that our prices are very worth the bare bones nature of our auto parts offering. By opening the door on the same inventory, from the same locations, at the same prices, to the general public we are making some of those budget breaking repair jobs actually do-able. Like I have always said; "If saving a few hundred dollars on the parts means the difference between fixing the air conditioning or using the 52 method (driving 50 with 2 windows down), then let's get that car fixed".

I am from Atlanta and can actually remember when the first Home Depot opened. Their idea of selling hardware and supplies from a bare bones warehouse at HUGE savings seems to have worked pretty well. We are just adding one extra cost savings invention (the internet) to do the same thing on a national basis. Hopefully we can help save you some money in the process.

Thanks for your business!! Tell Your Friends!
Brad

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    This is really interesting take on the concept. I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think it will be a great use of new ideas and informations. Thanks a lot.

    Auto Condenser

    ReplyDelete