Friday, July 1, 2011

Watch Out For That Car!!



One morning when I was sixteen and had just started driving I was out driving my sister to basketball practice. I had found a newly paved shortcut through a subdivision where they had cleared the lots, but not started any of the homes. It was a beautiful morning, the sun was just coming up and everything was is sharp contrast. Blue sky, green trees, black pavement, white curbs... and look at that rabbit running from the trees up there! Wow he is fast... watch out for that car! In my minds eye I can still see the new bump on the freshly paved road like it was yesterday. A red stripe punctuated on each side by a patch of brown fur, one with a white cottontail.

Luckily this squirrel makes it through almost unscathed. If you listen carefully you can hear him lose the last inch or two of his bushy tail, but he is still alive.

Rightnowautoparts

No comments:

Post a Comment