Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hey! Where'd my fingers go?


This is a must see video about table saw safety... It reminds me of one beautiful Saturday morning when I was in high school and working at a service station (the beginning of my automotive career).

A regular customer came in after lunch with his arm in a huge padded cast. I asked him what happened, and he said he started the morning off working on some cabinets on his table saw in the garage. As he was making a cut he felt a sharp pain in his leg and looked down just in time to see a water moccasin hanging from his jeans... and then he heard the sickening noise of three of his fingers being sliced off.

He said he reached down, killed the snake and then put it and his fingers in a cooler with ice and headed to the hospital. To this day that is the best answer I have ever received from the question "How Ya Doin'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment