Thursday, November 18, 2010

Should I have traded for this 69 SS Chevelle?


When I was about 19, still in college and not really all that wise (understatement), I was presented with one of the largest decisions of my life. I worked at a gas station when I wasn't in class or at one of the local night clubs. One day a guy was having the front end of his 1969 SS Chevelle 454 rebuilt by one of our mechanics. Yes youngsters, gas stations used to be full service AND had bays for mechanical work. Anyway... he took a look at my recently painted 1966 Ford Mustang coupe and offered to trade me straight up. I still struggle to this day on whether I made the correct decision when I opted to keep the Mustang. They were (are) both beautiful examples of the golden age of American sportscars. Maybe I should have traded just so that I could say I had owned both? Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment