Thursday, August 26, 2010

Confession Time



If you know me, you know of my one addiction/passion... Hunting to me is the way I am able to clear my head and deal with the stresses of the rest of the year. Starting a few weeks from now you will find me up a tree when the sun rises and climbing down a tree a few minutes after it sets. During the middle of the day I will either be walking through the woods or pursuing my second and third passions (eating and napping).

The picture I chose above relates back to a hunting trip I took to Texas a few years back. Let me just say this... they don't do things the same way in Texas. I saw more deer on the roadside watching us pass from Austin to Midland Texas than I have seen combined over the rest of my life. While I didn't hunt at the type of high dollar establishment that might use a vehicle (moving party shack) like the one in the picture, I still got a taste of Texas hunting that will be shared for the rest of my life. The nice management buck I shot was I believe taken because my guide was afraid for his life. We were sitting on the ground and took the eighth buck seen within the first three minutes of hunting... from a range of about 15 feet.

Anyway, back to hunting season. Many of you know what I mean. I feel like a kid in the last two weeks of school. It can't get here soon enough. Others may not understand (like my wife). Either way, during the next few months I will be in the woods over the weekend. My name is Brad Catron and I am a huntaholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment